What we've done so far
In 2017, we:
- carried out an in-depth review to identify the issues that led to non-compliance with the Act
- agreed on an approach to become fully compliant with the Act
- planned our processes to make remedial payments.
In 2018, we:
- engaged a specialist payroll consultant to help calculate the extent of our historic leave pay and entitlement errors
- voluntarily signed up to a legally binding agreement with the Labour Inspectorate to address our current non-compliance with the Act
- continued to work with the State Services Commission, other Government agencies, and unions to ensure consistency.
In 2019, we:
- received sign-off from the Labour Inspectorate on our approach to calculations
- made our first remediation payments to current employees
- purchased a new payroll system, and plan to implement this during 2020
- started to make payments to former staff.