Other ways to sign up
The easiest way to get text messages is to enter your details online. Other ways to sign up are:
- calling us on 0800 COURTS (0800 268 787)
- filling in a sign-up form at court
If you need help or have questions about the service, call us on 0800 COURTS (0800 268 787) or talk to a staff member at your local court.
Tell us if you want to change anything
Call us on 0800 COURTS (0800 268 787) or talk to a staff member at your local court if:
- your mobile number changes
- you didn’t get a text message about your appearance. Remember that you still need to go to court even if you didn't get the text message reminder.
If you want to stop getting the reminders, just reply 'STP' to one of your text message reminders at any time.
Who can get these reminders?
You can get these text message reminders if:
- you've been charged with a crime
- you have to go to a District Court
Who can't get these reminders?
You can't get these text message reminders if:
- you're in custody
- your hearing is not at a District Court (for example, if it's at the Rangatahi or Pasifika Court)
- you didn't ask for the reminders before the hearing.