Jury service forms

IMPORTANT: Due to the current COVID-19 situation, some courts are closed or operating at reduced capacity.  Please check the access to courts page or call 0800 COURTS if you have any questions.

SUSPENSION OF JURY TRIALS: The Chief Justice initially suspended all new jury trials from Monday 23 March for two months as a precautionary measure due to the COVID-19 outbreak. She has now extended this timeframe for a further two months until 31 July 2020. The suspension will be reviewed regularly and may be revised based on any new advice received.

Ongoing jury trials will continue as scheduled.


On this page:

Jury summons response form

You need to respond to your jury summons.

If you are coming to jury service or you're applying to put off or be excused from jury service, you can fill in the paper form you were sent with your jury summons letter or you can fill in an electronic copy of the form.

Fill in the online form

The online jury form is currently offline due to the COVID-19 situation.

Fill in the paper form

  1. Fill in the paper form you were sent with your jury summons letter.
    Get help to fill in the form 
  2. Put the form in the envelope you were sent with your jury summons letter and post it back. If it has a DX address, you can put it in a DX box or a NZ Post box. Find out more about DX boxes(external link)
    You can also scan and email your form. The email address will be on the form.

Fill in an electronic form

  1. Fill in 1 of these forms:
    Response to jury summons [PDF, 1.3 MB]
    Fill in this form if you haven’t put off (deferred) your jury service in the last year.
    Response to jury summons – previously deferred [PDF, 252 KB]
    Fill in this form if you have put off (deferred) your jury service in the last year.
  2. Get help to fill in the form 
  3. Email the form to the email address on the form.

Back to top

Expenses claim form

Ask the court to pay your expenses.

  1. Fill in the form:
    Juror declaration and weekly claim form [PDF, 136 KB]
  2. Provide proof, such as:
    1. if you used your own vehicle, mileage for your vehicle use (number of kilometres travelled and information about where you travelled from), at a rate of 38 cents per kilometre
    2. receipts for parking
    3. invoice or GST receipt from a professional or commercial childcare service
    4. a note that says who took care of your children and how much you paid if you used non-professional childcare.
  3. If you weren’t selected to sit on a jury, give your form and proof to the deputy registrar at the court. If you served on a jury, court staff will collect your form at the end of the trial.

Back to top

This page was last updated: