What happens after the application and response

If the person doesn’t respond to the application, the judge may make a decision without hearing their side.

If the person responds to the application, there will be a hearing at the Family Court.

Find out more about hearings in the Family Court

If the judge appoints a lawyer to represent the children, or to help the court in the case, you and the other people involved in your case may be ordered to pay some of the lawyer’s costs through a Cost Contribution Order.

Find out more about Cost Contribution Orders

If you’re unhappy with what the Family Court decides at the end of the hearing, you can ask the High Court to have another look at your case.

Find out more about the High Court

This page was last updated: