The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 introduced changes to some licensing rules and licensing fees.

Fee system for alcohol licensing

The Sale and Supply of Alcohol Act 2012 aims to ensure licensing costs are met by the alcohol industry rather than ratepayers.

Special licences

A special licence allows the sale or supply of alcohol at certain events (for example, a food and wine festival or some types of private functions in public venues).

Serving alcohol on ANZAC Day

Returned Services Associations (RSAs) that hold a club licence can serve alcohol early on ANZAC Day to members and their guests.

However, they need to apply for a special licence if they plan to serve alcohol to members of the public.

This page was last updated: