The Copyright Tribunal hears disputes about:
- copyright licensing agreements under the Copyright Act 1994
- applications about illegal uploading and downloading of copyrighted work.
These issues are covered by the Copyright Act 1994 which is administered by the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment (MBIE).
Copyright Act 1994(external link)
The tribunal doesn’t deal with:
- intellectual property issues
- complaints about someone using a logo or design without permission
- disputes such as a songwriter alleging someone is using part of their music in a song or has used a riff that belongs to them.
If you want to make a complaint about intellectual property, visit the Ministry of Business, Innovation and Employment intellectual property enforcement page(external link)
This page was last updated: