Work you need a licence or certificate for

Find out the classes of private security work you need a licence or certificate of approval for.

When you apply you need to tell us what classes of work you’re going to be doing.

Type of work or job you do

Class of licence or certificate you need

Checking who enters premises or events, keeping order inside and removing people (bouncers, door security or event security)

Crowd controller

Guarding property and answering alarm callouts (security guards)

Property guard

Protecting people (bodyguards)

Personal guard

Installing, repairing or removing security devices such as alarms or safes

Security technician

Giving advice about security devices or services

Security consultant

Destroying confidential documents

Document destruction agent

Repossessing goods

Repossession agent

Private investigation

Private investigator